Program: Special Needs Trust
Employment Type: Independent Contractor
Location: Remote – Work from Home
Application Deadline: Friday, July 2, 2021
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others,
you may be interested in joining our team.
Overview Description: The Arc of Northern Virginia’s Trust team is seeking experienced individuals to act as Advocates on a contract or freelance basis to assist individuals with disabilities access and maximize government benefits and community resources, navigate disability services, and create short- and long-term plans to address the needs and goals of each individual including housing, employment, advocacy, and overall-well-being. We are seeking compassionate, self-motivated individuals with a passion for helping others access needed services and benefits to enhance and maintain their quality of life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a caseload of assigned individuals with whom you work
• Identify, in collaboration with the client, the unique needs and goals of each individual with disabilities
• Assist individuals with accessing appropriate government benefits, disability services, and other community resources to address identified needs, barriers, and goals
• Create and implement short-and/or long-term plans in collaboration with the client
• Complete and document home visits, if needed
• Document and maintain notes, calendar, files, invoices, and plans
• Submit invoices and plans/notes twice a month to The Arc of Northern Virginia
Hours: Independent contractors are responsible for tracking their own hours, billing and invoicing of clients according to their own schedules. Hours are not set by The Arc of Northern Virginia. Each plan includes hours per client per month which must be upheld according to the contract.
• 2+ years of experience working with individuals with disabilities and their families
• Knowledge of federal and state benefits available to individuals with disabilities
• Knowledge of community resources available to individuals with disabilities to address barriers
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from staff of The Arc of Northern Virginia
• Ability to competently use Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with SharePoint is a plus
• Reliable, trustworthy, diligent, strong work ethic, respectful, punctual, compassionate
• Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• MSW or LCSW preferred, or
• Experience working in Human Services, or
• Experience as a Patient Advocate, etc., and
• In-depth knowledge of federal and state benefits available to individuals with disabilities, and experience assisting individual with disabilities access such benefits
Salary: $35 per hour – Note: this is not a salaried position; wages are paid hourly based on work completed and the contractor will be issued an IRS 1099.
• The Arc of Northern Virginia is not responsible for providing contractors with equipment such as cell phones, laptops, printers, office supplies, etc. Contractors are responsible for their own equipment.
• Contractors are also responsible for getting and maintaining liability insurance for Independent Contractors.
• The candidate selected for this position will be required to complete a Child Protective Services Registry and a Criminal Background check to the satisfaction of The Arc of Northern Virginia.
How To Apply:
Send your resume and a cover letter to:
Ashley Welch, Client Manager
The Arc of Northern Virginia
2755 Hartland Road, Suite 200
Falls Church, VA 22043
Or submit by email to:
or submit by fax to:
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Application deadline is Friday, July 2, 2021
The Arc of Northern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
At The Arc of Northern Virginia, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.