Position: Client Management Coordinator
Program: Special Needs Trust
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Falls Church (Merrifield), Va (NOTE: All staff are working remotely during the COVID-19 crisis.)
Compensation: Salary up to $48,000/yr, plus benefits
Application Deadline: December 28, 2020
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others,
you may be interested in joining our team.
Overview Description: The Arc of Northern Virginia seeks to hire a Client Management Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Trusts , this staff member would provide effective new client and real estate management, and administrative and database support by ensuring timely and effective communication, follow through, and excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as primary point of contact for potential Trust clients
• Conduct consultations and trust appointments with potential and current clients
• Gather information and complete all legal and supplemental documents for new clients
• Steer clients and professionals through the trust documents and the trust establishment process
• Function as an educated resource for potential, new, and established clients and professionals
• Update and conduct ongoing file review
• Scan and save legal documents to database
• Enter trust document data
• Create and execute a verification process for legal documents in database
• Generate and track monthly/annual billing of enrollment/renewal fees
• Build long-term relationships with clients and professionals
• Work quickly and effectively to address and resolve client issues, encouraging strong customer service practices
• Provide information to clients about public benefit programs
• Conduct verbal and written communication with Trustees, financial institutions, insurance agencies, attorneys, CPAs, realtors, property managers, investment advisors, etc.
• Develop strategies for strong workplace efficiency and goal achievement
• Serve as a liaison between Trust department staff and clients
• Real estate management duties, to include:
− Act as secondary point of contact for real estate reporting to the Director of Trusts
− Collaborate with Trustee to create internal Policies and Procedures for real estate
− Partner with Trustee on all real estate matters
− Develop Memo of Understanding with Grantor(s) for signature
− Create Occupancy Agreement for Beneficiary signature
− Manage queries regarding real estate purchases and sales, maintenance, taxes, and property management
• Attend advocacy, community, and education events to raise awareness of the Special Needs Trust program and services
• Participation in bi-weekly Arc team meetings and weekly trust meetings
• Maintain a neat, well-organized work space
• Other tasks and duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years professional work experience
• Good understanding of means-tested government benefits and disability systems in Virginia
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to work independently and take initiative
• Effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
• Skilled in Database Management
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Meaningful professional and personal experience with people with disabilities
• The candidate selected for this position will be required to complete a Child Protective Services Registry and a Criminal Background check to the satisfaction of The Arc of Northern Virginia.
• Valid motor vehicle driver’s license is required and the candidate will be required to use their own vehicle to and from appointments and meetings, with mileage reimbursement provided.
Salary: The Client Management Coordinator can expect to earn up to $48,000, depending on experience.
Benefits: In addition to financial compensation, The Arc of Northern Virginia offers a benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, HSA plan, 403(b) Retirement plan, paid leave, federal holidays off with pay, and opportunities for remote work/flexible work environment (especially while COVID-19 safety restrictions remain in place).
How To Apply:
Send your resume and a cover letter to:
Tia Marsili, Director of Trusts
by email to:
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Applications must be received by Friday, January 22, 2021
The Arc of Northern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
At The Arc of Northern Virginia, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.