Posted: January 8, 2021
Position: Program Coordinator
Program: Tech for Independent Living
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Falls Church (Merrifield), Va (NOTE: All staff are working remotely during the COVID-19 crisis.)
Compensation: Salary up to $48,000/yr, plus benefits
Application Deadline: Monday, February 15, 2021
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others,
you may be interested in joining our team.
Job Summary- Under the supervision of the Tech for Independent Living Project Manager and in cooperation with other staff members of The Arc of Northern Virginia, the Tech for Independent Living Program Coordinator provides administrative duties, outreach presentations, task lesson creation, follow up, evaluation, and reporting, and supports program development, facilitation and expansion for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Tech for Independent Living Program Coordinator implements a Travel Training, Employment, and Daily Living Skills program in collaboration with public and private schools and disability provider agencies and organizations throughout Northern Virginia. The Program Coordinator also implements virtual training modules to support travel training and other skills for independent living for young adults with disabilities. The Travel Training Program and the online training modules will expand the capacity of the region to provide sustainable, comprehensive and individualized services to support people with disabilities, including those with intellectual and developmental disabilities, to be able to travel safely and live and work more independently in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- The chosen employee will be expected to:
• Coordinate program, evaluation, and reporting activities related to grant projects.
• Create behavior and task lessons.
• Become well versed on the technology offerings and maintain communication with the technology vendors.
• Keep up with updates in relevant technology.
• Communicate with representatives of Northern Virginia school systems, private schools, and disability organizations concerning the project.
• Develop evaluation and reporting materials.
• Assist with multiple Travel Training, Employment, and Independent Living Skills trainings.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the evaluation and outcome components related to the project.
• Respond to phone and email information & referral questions and requests related to the project.
• Attend and participate in relevant community meetings on behalf of The Arc of Northern Virginia.
• Attend The Arc of Northern Virginia’s events to staff displays and provide information, as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications- The perfect candidate will have:
• Degree and/or experience in social work, special education, therapeutic recreation, counseling, disability employment, or a related field
• Experience with program planning and/or project management
• Experience working with people with disabilities, including people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and families
• Knowledge of Northern Virginia programs and organizations that support people with disabilities
• Knowledge of public transportation resources in the Northern Virginia and Washington, DC metropolitan area
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Solid organization and time management skills
• Proficiency in standard office software
• Ability to work independently performing duties under general supervision
Special Requirements- The candidate selected for this position will be required to complete a Child Protective Services Registry and a Criminal Background check to the satisfaction of The Arc of Northern Virginia. Valid motor vehicle driver’s license is required and the candidate will be required to use their own vehicle to and from appointments and meetings, with mileage reimbursement.
How To Apply:
Email your resume and a cover letter to:
The Arc of Northern Virginia
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Applications must be received by Friday, January 29, 2021
The Arc of Northern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
At The Arc of Northern Virginia, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.