As the disability community battled against this effort over the last several months, we have shown our strength, our power, and The Arc thanks each and every advocate who has stepped up in this fight. But it is not over yet – we are expecting the Senate to vote on a bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) next week. It is expected that the bill being voted on will be a new version of the Better Care Reconciliation Act.
This bill would pose a dire threat to Medicaid and the millions of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who rely on it. Your Senators must hear from you about the importance of Medicaid in the lives of people with disabilities. Take a few minutes and call your Senator and tell them how Medicaid impacts your life. Every call counts and your calls are working!
This is the civil rights fight of our time, and we need advocates like you to remain vigilant to protect all that has been built to ensure the inclusion and equality of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in our society.
Script:Use our simple tool now to call your Senators now and tell them:
• I am a member of The Arc.
• I am a person with I/DD (or a family member of someone with I/DD, or a professional in the disability field).
• I (or my family member) depend(s) on Medicaid long term supports (or home and community supports) to live in my/our community.
• Please OPPOSE any legislation that will cut or cap Medicaid.
• These types of cuts would be devastating to me/us and other people with disabilities and their families.