Finding a Home Guide Resources:
As mentioned in our updated 2017 Guide you will find these additional resources.
- Budget Guidance for Households Household-Spending-Plan Housing Resume HousingResumePacket Sec8props_NoVA
- Housing Resume
Additional Resource from our People First for Young Adults Meeting May 2017:
Housing Choice Vouchers 2016 Video Series:
This video series was filmed in Summer 2016 as part of a six video series highlighting people with developmental disabilities living in integrated community settings. The series was done by The Arc of Northern Virginia in combination with videographer David Buerk and made possible with grant funding from the Virginia Housing Development Agency.
1. Brian— Brian is a brain injury survivor who lives in his own apartment, along with a live-in aide.
2. Gail and Esther— Gail and Esther are women with developmental disabilities who live in an affordable housing apartment complex. They have their own apartments and are close friends.
3. David and Rory— David and Rory live with a third roommate in a high rise condo. They moved there from institutional settings and love the freedom they have in their new home.
4. Rogan— Rogan lives in a home that his family initially purchased with a low interest Virginia Housing and Development Authority loan. He has a live in caregiver who has two young children who also live in the home.
5. Theresa— Theresa is a brain injury survivor who has lived in her own apartment for many years. She uses a housing choice voucher to make the rent affordable and assistive technologies to help her around her house.
6. Robert— Robert just moved to his very first apartment, using a housing choice voucher. He works and is very involved with his family.
2016 Housing Workshop Files
|Session 2||Circles of Support for May 11|
|Session 3||Assessments and Supports for May 25
FLSA & Taxes Caregivers
Live-in Companion Position Requirements
Live-in Aide Lease Addendum
Live In Caregiver Agreement
Services by Waiver
Supportive Service PlanVIDEO
|Session 4||Budget Location and Amenities for June 8
Interview Packet Housing Needs Profile
Moving Expenses Budget
Reasonable Accommodation Packet
Voucher cover letterVIDEO VIDEO
|Session 5||Roommates for June 22
Questions for Potential Housemates
Roommate Agreement Sample
Roommate Chore Chart Monthly
Searching for Housing WebsitesVIDEO
|Session 6||Planning to Move for July 13
Copy of Existing TC Property List 010816
Important Phone Numbers
Move In Inspection Checklist
Moving Expenses Budget No VIDEO Available
|Session 7||Panel Presentation for July 27A Twist on the Sponsored Residential Model|
|Session 8||Wrap Up Session for August 3