The Arc of Northern Virginia office will be closed beginning on Monday, March 16th through the end of the month due to the growing health concerns caused by COVID-19 (coronavirus). This closure may be extended depending on the situation.
Public events that had been scheduled for March, including DMV Connect and the A Life Like Yours Benefit Breakfast, have been postponed to later dates.
However, The Arc of Northern Virginia will not cease operations.
- Meetings and workshops will proceed, but will be conducted via webinar, conference call, and other remote, electronic means.
- Our Support Coordinators and Guardian Representatives will continue to provide services, following the most up-to-date guidance and directives from local and state agencies.
- Our Special Needs Trust team will continue to provide services, albeit by using electronic means of communication and document management.
- Our online Information and Referral portal will remain open and monitored, and we will continue to respond in a timely manner.
- And other departments and key staff members will continue to enhance and expand our information, education, advocacy, and supportive services to the extent that community circumstances allow.
Beginning on Monday, there will be no public access to our office, and no business will be conducted at that location. Members of the public seeking assistance are urged to contact the appropriate staff member by email. Members of the public may also contact a specific staff member by phone. Staff will either have their work phones forwarded to another phone outside the office, or will be monitoring voice mail messages and will return your call as promptly as possible. Click here to download a staff contact directory.
Clients who normally deliver documents and other materials to the office in person are urged to consider scanning such documents in order to send them electronically by email. Anyone choosing to send documents by US Postal Service, or by other surface carrier, must know that we will eventually receive the information sent, but service and response time may be delayed.
While this is extraordinarily difficult, it is the right thing to do to protect the health and well-being of our clients, partners, staff, and the individuals and families we serve. Leadership at The Arc of Northern Virginia has taken decisive action and will do our part to help in the serious containment efforts called for by our local, state, and national government officials and medical experts.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!