The Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services is contacting individuals on Virginia’s Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver Waiting List to make sure that you are aware of supports and resources that you may be eligible for while waiting for a waiver.
DBHDS is excited to feature our new web resource to help individuals and families find the information that they need. We have partnered with disAbilityNavigator to provide My Life, My Community, an online tool that helps individuals and families gain knowledge and connect to resources in their community. Additional details on the information featured in this message can be found at http://www.mylifemycommunityvirginia.org/.
While you are waiting on a waiver, you or your family member may be able to access the following supports:
• Financial assistance through the Individual and Family Support Program (IFSP) Funding Program. (Please note the IFSP-Funding program opens on September 9, 2019. All individuals on the waiver waiting list are eligible to apply. Application timelines are outlined below.)
• Assistance for individuals on the waiver waiting list to rent their own housing through one of DBHDS’s Integrated, Independent Housing Resources.
• Mentoring and advice from a family like yours through the VCU Center for Family Involvement Family to Family (F2F) Program.
• General information on waivers, providers, and services via the My Life, My Community website operated by disAbilityNavigator.
• Connections to other families in your community through the IFSP Regional Councils.
• Case managers who can answer questions for you at your local Community Services Board (CSB).
If you have a child who is under the age of 3 years old, you may be eligible for Early Intervention Services through the Infant and Toddler Connection.
If you have run into barriers with accessing supports for health and/or safety related issues, please contact your local Community Services Board (CSB) to see if you are eligible for assistance from the DBHDS Office of Integrated Health. If you need help finding your CSB, search the online CSB Directory.
If you would prefer to speak with a live operator, you can contact My Life, My Community at 844-603-9248 (Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.). Operators can assist you with finding the CSB that serves your community as well as help you navigate the My Life, My Community website.
FY 2020 IFSP Funding Timeline
September 9, 2019 is the first day to access and save an application. You will not be able to submit your application before the submission date.
On October 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m., applicants will be able to submit an application. You will not be able to submit your application before the submission date. Remember, the IFSP Funding Program provides assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. Early applications are encouraged.
October 11, 2019 is the last day to submit an application. The application will close at 5:00 p.m.