The Arc of Northern Virginia, supported by a grant from The HSC Pediatric Center, is excited to offer the 2022 LEAP Awards (Life Enrichment Awards Program.) LEAP Awards are grants given to support the purchase or acquisition of goods and services directly linked to youth and young adults with disabilities and chronic illnesses engaged in transition planning and implementation that are usually not available from public service and government agencies. These goods and services must not be covered by Medicaid or private insurance and are not considered “medically necessary”.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Skills camps or classes
• Instruction or fees for starting a business
• Assistive technology to improve academic or professional opportunities
• Computer hardware or software
• Independent living skills training
• Business clothing
• Must be between the ages of 14 and 26
• Must not have received a LEAP grant within the past three years
• Must have a documented disability
• Must reside in The Arc of Northern Virginia’s service area: Arlington and Fairfax Counties or the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, or Fairfax
Application Deadline August 15, 2022
Applicants will be notified of results by phone and/or email by August 24th. Once an applicant is selected to receive a LEAP Award, The Arc of Northern Virginia will coordinate with the applicant and their family, caregiver or representative, to make arrangements for the award.
Contact Diane Monnig, Director of Programs at email@example.com or 703-208-1119 ext. 118.