Car Donation Topics:
Arrange Your Donation by Phone
About The Arc’s Car Donation Program
How It Works
Benefits of Donating Your Car
• Free towing whether your vehicle is running or not.
• You can donate your automobile from anywhere in the country.
• Eliminates the hassle of repairing, advertising and selling your car—let our courteous, trained staff handle all the details.
• Potential IRS tax deduction.
• Supports The Arc’s vision for a world where people with disabilities are fully included—your donation directly supports our advocacy, programs and services.
Use the On-line Donation Form
Please complete this simple online form for the fastest and easiest way to donate your car. It takes only a couple of minutes to complete and your car donation will be processed immediately. Once you hit the “Submit” button, you will receive an e-mail notification, normally within hours. Our local towing agency will call you within 24 hours to make any towing arrangements before picking up your donated car.We value your personal privacy and we will NOT sell, loan, or give your personal information to a third party company except for the sole purpose of processing your car donation.In order to complete the form, you must have your original car title and, if applicable, lien release.
Prefer to Speak to a Live Person?
• Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Sunday: Closed
Maximizing Your Tax Deduction
Car donations made to a charitable nonprofit organization are tax-deductible. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique.In general, the IRS limits the tax deduction to the gross proceeds from the sale of the car, truck or other vehicle. Charitable contributions must be itemized on Schedule A of Form 1040 to qualify. If the total deduction claimed on the tax return exceeds $500, Form 8283 “Non-cash Charitable Contributions” must also be completed and attached to your tax returns.To learn more about what a donors responsibilities are prior to making a car donation, please consult IRS Publication 4303 “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations.”
Our Program Partner