Announcing a NEW virtual experience for families to acquire
our award-winning TravelMate and EmployMate online curriculums!
About Tech Camp
This July, The Arc of Northern Virginia will feature our very first TECH CAMP for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. The purpose of Tech Camp will be to provide direct access to, and training on, our suite of online independent living curriculums, including TravelMate, EmployMate, SafetyMate, DailyMate, and MoneyMate. This is the first time our award-winning “apps” are being offered directly to families.
This will be a virtual experience with a variety of formats including Zoom, small group virtual meetings, and one on one support meetings throughout the four day experience.
General Event Information
• People with developmental disabilities 18 years and up, and
• a dedicated family member (parent, sibling (over 16) who commits to full participation for the entire TECH Camp experience
• TECH Camp is designed to be a FUN, PARTICIPATORY experience that the whole family can enjoy!
Tuesday through Friday – July 21-24, 2020
A virtual, LIVE event on your computer, tablet, or smart phone
A four day virtual “Camp” experience in your own home!
• Lodge Zoom Meetings: 10am-12pm each day – will include small group Cabin Meetings as well as large group workshops and trainings
• “Stump the Experts” – 1-3pm each day – sign up support groups
• Counselor Campfires: evenings by mutual appointment – one on one support with a volunteer camp counselor
All activities will include interactive presentations, activities and games.
• a tablet (any kind) for the person needing support
• a laptop or computer for the parent or sibling.
• Smart phone for parent or sibling
Additionally, each individual participating in Tech Camp will need to provide an email address and phone number.
• Each family will leave Tech Camp with customized lessons for their family member that can be used immediately for daily virtual support towards living as independently as possible.
• Each individual with a developmental disability will receive a YEAR LONG LICENSE to TravelMate (public transportation) and DailyMate (daily living activities), access to our other ‘Mates, and BONUS educational lessons and supports in modified formats.
Watch for Future Camp Session Announcements
We’re so sorry. Registration for our first camp session has CLOSED. All camp spaces have been taken.
But this is only the pilot event. Look for the next camp session to be held this fall.
Questions? Just Ask!
Questions about Tech Camp? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org