On June 17, 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services notified the Commonwealth that they require some additional time to review the Commonwealth’s amendments to the three DD waivers. Therefore, the anticipated date for the implementation of the DD Systems Redesign has changed to August 1, 2016. The delay will have the following implications:
- The implementation of all new services and the tiered reimbursement structure for new and existing services will be delayed.
- Prevocational services will continue in July, until new waiver services are approved.
- CSB slot selection committee will continue to operate to assign ID waiver turnover slots. DBHDS will continue to assign turnover DD waiver slots according to the existing process.
- IDOLS will remain active for service authorization for the ID and DS waivers. For DD Waiver service authorizations, KEPRO will still transition services authorization functions to DBHDS effective 7/1/16. Please reference 5/17/16 and 5/18/16 Medicaid Memos on this topic.
- Work on WaMS will continue and the delay will permit time for additional training. WaMS will not be used for service authorization until the amendments are approved.
- WaMS trainings for train the trainer will be held as scheduled this week.
- FEi Systems will still open their help desk on July 1 for users who will be enrolling in the system or who have accessed the online training materials and have questions.
- Weekly stakeholder calls will continue as scheduled. More information will be provided during this time.
The following changes will occur on July 1, 2016 and will not be affected by the delay:
- CSBs will assume the responsibility for being the single point of entry for all individuals with DD. This means individuals who need to be screened for the DD Waiver also need to go through the CSBs to request a screening.
Additional details about the systems delay and its impact on various areas will be discussed in an upcoming Medicaid Memo, which will be released within the next few days. Thank you to everyone for your patience and support as we work through the delay in our systems implementation.